Friday, August 7, 2015

MEC mail

These arrived this week!


I was SO excited to get this package in the mail from MEC - I was pretty pumped to try these items on too.

Since I'm pregnant for the third time in as many years, and the last few days have been HOT (plus 30C, and at many points, without a breeze) ... I was looking for some new options and some cooler options since I fear I'm sweating from every part of my body.... I was lucky my last two pregnancies have been in an air conditioned house, and I strangely don't remember feeling so hot ;) 


So here's what arrived:


MEC AMANITA SHORTS (WOMEN'S) - in dark slate


  • These were my most expensive purchase - $29.99 for some SHORT SHORTS ... but, it was the reviews that sold them on them, and so far they are living up to them (I'm wearing them as I write this review). They are stretchy and comfy, and seem to breathe well.  I'll update this on another super hot day, but for now, I am very happy with my new shorts! I usually fit a size 6 for jeans, but ordered a size 8 for the shorts, and they fit me while I'm pregnant. They have a stretchy waist-band and a draw-string, so I think this helps. Based on the fabric, etc, I think they'll fit fine once I'm no longer sporting a baby bump.

MEC NIKKI TANK TOP (WOMEN'S) - in both starfish/sleet and black/starfish

  • I'm updating my tank top collection as I wear one daily, often under other shirts to ensure appropriate length and cover, and sometimes simply because the fabric of other shirts feels too thin. They fulfill both purposes well. These are both racer-back style tanks, so I will have to wear the appropriate underwear with them, however for the same price as other tank tops I've purchased in the past (they were on clearance), I am very happy with the quality - the fabric seems nice and thick, yet still breathable. I ordered size SMALL, and they fit, but still have room.


MEC SHORT-SLEEVE TEE SHIRT (WOMEN'S) - in dark plum-arbutus stripe

  • Probably not the colour I would usually go for, but it fits beautifully. I'm looking forward to wearing a new shirt for a change as my pregnancy wardrobe hasn't had a lot of updating....  This shirt is stretchy enough that it should double as a nursing-top too when the time comes. I ordered size MEDIUM, and it covers up nicely. 

I am thrilled with my purchases' - both their quality and sizing. 

While the labels list "made in India" and "made in China", based upon my research of MEC and their policies, I am feeling confident that they have taken efforts to ensure those who were involved in the manufacturing process were treated fairly and paid accordingly.  It also made my day to spy this little tag attached to my new t-shirt:



I paid a little more for this purchase than I would have in the past, but as I we are working towards a goal here, I think the end goal of a more ethical wardrobe is achievable. That being said, it will likely be a capsule wardrobe in order to afford the new pieces... but, I think that fits well with my goals this year.


**I paid for my clothing and have NOT received compensation from MEC in any form for this post. 


No comments: