Sunday, October 5, 2008

bite-size pieces

A girl in one of my classes commented to me at the beginning of the school year, "it feels like I can't be a good wife and a good student. It's one or the other." Last week, I agreed whole-heartedly with her statement. Dishes were left undone, homework lay strewn across the tables downstairs, meals were a little, shall we say, um, not up to their usual goodness... I was frustrated and not sleeping very well.

That's over. I'm going to be a GREAT wife and a GREAT student. God has called me to this season of my life, and I will learn how to juggle them. One day at a time. Learning to plan my time well, and not wasting it. It'll come.



haha, just kidding. It's more like this:

"Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that you get free of charge. If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour. What will you do with this priceless treasure?"
--Author Unknown

(a poster that used to be on my grade 7 English teacher's wall... 11 years later, and it still comes to mind!)

No comments: